Friday, August 30, 2013

Great hotel and Even Better Company! (Year 4 holidays)


***drafted on 26.08.2013***
And I’m back! :D

Was on my 4th year break for the past 1 month. Initially I had HUGE plans on all the places where i should go, things I should do, non-educational books I should read, and of course, the dance classes I ever so dearly wanted to take but never had the time attend.

But in the end, it was the same old same old holidays inder always had.

Hmm.. I can’t blame anyone on it. Both my sisters are pregnant and will be due soon! My selfish self would of course demand to be brought out and around- but honestly I would rather spend time with them back home (cause deep down I know when my finals year resumes, the working life would creep in and things then would not be any prettier) 

My dad insisted we came down to KL for the holidays. We could not decide on the date when to go cause all my friends there are working me being the unemployed student has to deal with each and everyone’s schedule! So we chose the same date that Suk Wai had to meet with the Kenny Rodgers people to sign her agreement. MY STURNIP IS FINALLY GOING TO START WORKING!!

We left early Thursday morning and I must say our rapid buses has always been very entertaining.  I met a snoring champion en route.  We could literally hear this man’s snoring through my earphones which was hilarious! 



We went on to Midvalley and Times square where i met some of the funniest friends.  Am glad we managed to meet although it was a last minute invitation thing on my side.

After such a heavy breakfast I swore I was not gonna have lunch but then the I saw Carl’s Jr – and the migratory motor complexes made such dramatic waves in my stomach that I felt like I had space for burger for lunch! 

If there is anything I realize during the whole time was this – often we tend to rely on the insights and opinions of others on how things are. It is not wrong to ask someone about it- it sort of gives you a rough idea on what’s it like.
But then at times we rely too much on what others say that we have so high expectations on how things are – expectations so high then when faced with the real deal, we are left disappointed.

Signature Dessert from Black Ball


I used to be such a big fan of Black Ball – they have the best jelly desserts that I find myself addicted to! And each time I went there, my friends who lived in KL would say – Inder, you have not tried Snowflake yet. So when I would step into blackball, I used to wonder what Snowflake would be like.  And this went on and on till that very day. 


And was I disappointed. 

I don’t know what was so great about this – this dessert that people spoke so highly of. I had to painstakingly swallow through it cause I din wanna seem like I’m sort of this fussy child when it came to food :/ but I learnt my lesson. Reviews are good to listen to, but you should not judge something without experiencing it yourself firsthand. It will be unfair that you rely on someone's opinion and draw a conclusion on how things are without experiencing it yourself.

The seemingly disappointing dessert from Snowflakes.

Then there was this GREAT GREAT hotel that we stayed in! :D

We stayed at the Best Western Premier Dua Sentral Hotel (which is a mouthful to pronounce!) I could not get it right the first few times I tried to mention it




The view from the 16th floor that we were staying in was simply breathtaking (which is ironic considering we were in the middle of town). I mean I never used to like KL. Everything is grey and white and tall and concrete. If there was a zombie apocalypse I swear it would be the worse place to blend in with nature. But the view from my room window made me think otherwise. I think KL has the prettiest lights when night falls! The whole entire night I could not stop humming the song Bright Lights by Matchbox 20 for this.

The view from the 16th floor Best Western Premier Dua Sentral Hotel -Night


The view from the 16th floor Best Western Premier Dua Sentral Hotel -Day

 We wanted to head out for dinner but dad insisted we tried the food they had there. I was reluctant cause hotel food to me is this – very fancily decorated and named but so very bland in taste.  Plus one of the taxi driver from the hotel told us that Brickfields had some really good indian Cuisine. And was I proven wrong! The entrée was simply delicious! Of course there was the fancy names and all but the waitress was very kind to recommend the dishes and was very honest with their opinions on how the meal tasted like.






Baba Ganoush - Puree of oven baked Aubergine and Sesame Seed Paste

Dining right by the poolside!




My mom and dad


Tanen and I


Suk wai and I

 The ambience was calm and relaxing (and romantic if you must say) – yet there we were, in the middle of KL Sentral. I must say, the BWPDKL is recommended to everyone who needs  a getaway in the midst of all hectic schedules – and in my case, if your parents are sponsoring of course. 
 
The price may seem a bit far off for students but if you look at the whole picture – easy transportation by the hotel taxi at the lobby, in the middle of the important places in KL, easy internet access, really good and delicious buffet, it kinda sums up to the same thing. Plus the people there are ever so polite and they make you feel like a boss!  Great!

Breakfast from the Kembali Kitchen




Here, i finally discovered that pancakes with peanut butter+ maple syrup+ pistachios is HEAVEN!!


Finally a place I can recommend to my lecturers and seniors without hesitation. I was tempted to prolong my stay there but i had commitments back home( the cholesterol check thing i volunteered for).
 I would return here again.
 I think I found my favorite place.

There it is.

Sigh

I wish i was given the chance to travel the world. Our schedules are so messed up that booking the flight tickets in advance has always been a risk. Plus finding a companion to go traveling with Is insane. Everyone is so busy with  their lives that finding time when others are free is even harder than funding the trip itself.

 I guess i will just have to wait till the working life creeps in for this. For now, im glad to have spent time with all the precious people to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment