Monday, August 19, 2013

Cupcakes - turns out right the 2nd time!

Drafted on 15.08.2013 2.00am
I'm trying to type it out at this ungodly hour. There. I have 3 drafted posts which i am yet to complete but tonight this has to go up.
I have never had so many pending posts - I dont know if its the lack of ideas or its cause i got distracted with something more interesting to do. I AM BACK HOME AFTER ALL :D

Speaking of distraction 2 nights ago i ws distracted by a pic of the red velvet cake. since i was free at home i decided to try it out. It was tried out by my friends and they assured me the recipe was BULLETPROOF. But then again its baking.. Not everything turns out the way we want it to be (unless of course you're Buddy from The Cake Boss).
 My cake color was not turning red despite me adding the coloring. I was beginning to think it was a jinx thing since i was somesort of betraying? my love for choc cakes for the first time and going for something not brown.

 The Cake right out of the oven - notice that evil smiling face it came out with? Pfftt

so yeah in the end it was a chocolate looking cake that tasted like red velvet but with a much stronger coffee flavor to it. i was about to abandon the cream cheese frosting when my mom who was an angel of a lady told me to use diff colours instead of the plain cream cheese frosting - so there.

 not exactly my best looking cake(my sis said it reminded her of some soccer club and some rainforest both at the same time) but still

I have began to envy all those awesome bakers even more day after day.And the urge of getting the red velvet cake would not just go away
 After the colorful cream cheese frosting.
SO i decided to try it out again - but this time, i thought of doing the cupcakes ( cause you know they're prettier and in case it gets burnt it would be less painful throwing out the smaller pieces! )
This time i decided to follow Anna Olson on youtube - it was a recipe for red velvet cake but i separated the batter into the cupcake tray and there! IT WAS FINALLY A SUCCESS!! :D

 The next would be to try out the molten chocolate cupcakes!

There. I guess when you want something really badly you would do everything possible to get to it. Whether its that favorite book series you want to own but you cant afford all 36 sets of them,,,, that person you want to know more,,, that concert you so direly want to go to but can't convince your parents enough,, - we would try to do everything possible to get the things we want.

And as for the person we want, ahhh..
 The kid in me would tell to go all out for it! You may never know how it will end up. After all how long would you rather focus on other people's Kodak moments than make memories of your own!
But of course - first you'll have to see if you have actually found a person worth going all out for annd not to mention there is an extent to it. A restraining order is definitely a hint for you to slow it down.



So there. Things i have learned from this cupcake making experience - 
*Go all out for the things you want even if it turns out horribly the first time. You'll be surprised how things may end up.
*You may follow the guidelines and play according to the rulebook ( or recipe given) but the outcome will be uncertain- all we have to do is wait and hope that it will all turn out right. Even if things get ugly, you can always hide the bruises and the burnt parts -which in my case is overly exaggerated colorful cream cheese frosting :)

FINALLY ONE COMPLETED BLOG POST!!
I should reward myself for this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment